Humidifiers are devices which help in adding moisture content to the air. They are used to reduce the dryness in the air which can cause congested sinuses, lung problems and drying of skin. It also helps in maintaining the interiors of the house by keeping furniture paper, wooden interiors and wall paints from excessive drying. There are several types of Humidifiers and you should choose the one appropriate for your circumstances and specific needs. There are two main types of Humidifiers:
1. Filter containing Humidifier2. Filterless Humidifier
There are different conditions under which both of these can be used. In most of the dry weather situations, it is better to not use even the best filterless humidifier. Read below to know more:
- -When there is dust around you: If you live in an area where the amount of dust particles in the area you live is visibly high, you indeed need to focus on using a Humidifier with filter and drop the idea of buying the filterless one.
- -When you are not sure about the water quality: Humidifiers function by converting water into moisture and dispensing it in the air. Hence, if you are not sure about the amount of purity of the water which is being used in the humidifier, using a filterless device is not at all a good option. This is because a filterless humidifier will not be able to remove the bacteria and other harmful minerals from the water, which can further cause respiratory problems, troubled breathing and allergies to the ones breathing the humidified air.
- -If your budget is low: If you are low on funds and still want to buy a humidifier, a filterless one is not the right choice because they are more expensive than humidifiers with filter. On the contrary, you have to clean the filter containing humidifier regularly.
- -Ill person in the house: If there is an ill person in the house, it is better to use a humidifier with filter so that the germs, bacteria and viruses can get filtered in the humidifier and do not increase the sickness of the patient.
- -If it is a house with children: If there are small children in your house, it is best to stay away from using filterless humidifiers because children are the most vulnerable to allergies and infections and with filterless humidifiers, chances of bacteria and viruses getting introduced to the indoor air are more than that of humidifiers with filters.
- -When inhalants have to be added: If you want to add any specific inhalant to the humidifier, it is better not to use filterless humidifier because it increases the chances of contamination of air. When humidifiers with filters are used, they automatically filter the air being emitted so that the inhalants show their effect to the fullest.
Consider the above given aspects while choosing the type of humidifier you want to choose but it is best to use a humidifier with filter if all the considerations match your requirements. Have this as a checklist and do NOT use filterless humidifiers in these cases.
723 total views, 4 views today