Sometimes you just can’t sleep at night. Maybe you’ve got a newborn child, maybe you’re stressed from work – there’s a whole host of reasons that sleep may not come easy to you.
However, that doesn’t mean that you’re going to be able to sleep until 11 if you have a job to do the next day. You’ll have to get up and face the coffee pot and the music, even if you feel dead on your feet.
If you find yourself having to go to work without sleep, use these tips to help you get through the day, without anybody noticing how tired you really are.
- Don’t hit the snooze button when you do wake up, even if you have a couple of extra minutes without being late for work. The reason you want to jump right out of bed, even if you’re tired, is because your endocrine system produces alertness hormones that will make you feel more alert. If you go back to sleep for five minutes though, those hormones will be gone.
- Get outside quickly. Natural light helps to boost alertness and make you feel like you can face the day, even if you didn’t get much sleep. Five minutes outside should be fine.
- Eat breakfast. You won’t skip your coffee when you don’t sleep, but skipping breakfast is an even worse idea. Eating breakfast within 30 minutes, especially if you eat something with whole grains and a bit of protein – can help you get ready for a tough day and give you much needed energy.
- Work on important tasks first thing. Your focus will diminish through the day, so get the important stuff done as soon as possible.
- Try to find a way to take a short nap. You can do this in your car, at your desk or even in your office chair on your lunch break, though you may not want to fall asleep at work if you don’t have a private office. A short nap can quickly restore energy levels to get you through the day.
Related Post: 6 Nutritious Snacks for Moms on the Go
2,829 total views, 2 views today
Julie Parker is the Transcription Supervisor for GMR Transcription Services, Inc, a leading U.S. transcription company based in Orange County, California. Julie has a true passion for effective verbal and written communication. She applies her passion to providing the excellent customer service and accuracy upon which GMR Transcription’s clients depend. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and children, watching movies, and hosting dinner parties with friends.