Statistics show that a mere eight percent of Americans who make a New Year’s resolution actually achieve it. If you want to be a part of this eight percent then you really need to sit down and brainstorm some ideas for your non-profit fundraising strategy. The better your fundraising efforts, the better the outlook for your business will be. There are numerous ways to raise money for your business and when you integrate the following methods into every day duties, you can expect communications with your donors to improve drastically.
- Social media is a tool that many businesses around the globe are becoming aware of. The power of social media is undeniable, with Facebook receiving 900 million unique hits every month and Twitter boasting 340 million ‘tweets’ per day. When using these websites for fundraising you can reach thousands of people. By posting links to your cause and sharing your page you can maintain relationships and establish a ‘call-to-action’.
- Stay in touch with your donors and update them on the status of your fundraising project. When you do this it is possible to influence word of mouth advertising and increase the chances of existing donors offering donations again. You can do this by sending news updates via email newsletters and by engaging donors with a call to say ‘thank you’.
- If you haven’t yet hosted an event for your business, now is the time to start because people will be more likely to become a part of your fundraising efforts if they feel as though they are invited. You can promote your event through social media sites, your personal website, email newsletters, phone calls, word of mouth, posters, etc.
- Did you know that you could entice people to donate money to your fundraising cause via text? The number of cell phone users in the world has surpassed six billion and most people will not leave their house without their gadget strapped to their side. Take advantage of this by using text messaging services to connect with possible donors. Post your unique fundraising code on your social media page and website so that if someone wants to donate, they can do it with the touch of a button.
- The support of a local business will go a long way. Prior to approaching a business, note down a list of potential partners and build a relationship before pitching your fundraising idea. By doing a favor for a favor, you can achieve your fundraising goal.
- Create an intriguing post on your social networking page, website or a job site asking for volunteers. Volunteers can promote your fundraising project and participate in charitable activities. The more people you have on your side, the more money you will raise.
2,141 total views, 1 views today
Ajay Prasad is the President of GMR Transcription Services Inc., an Orange County, California based company that has been providing accurate and affordable transcription services since 2004. GMR Transcription has worked with over 6,000 clients spanning myriad industries and prides itself on its customer service and quick turnaround time. Their services include audio transcription, video transcription and digital transcription, as well as Spanish and Mandarin translation.Google+